What Is the Best Software for Creating Documents?
Document creation software can transform the way you do business. Important documents like contracts, invoices, forms, and more are essential to the day-to-day running of many companies.
Document generation apps provide a host of tools for speeding up (and, in some cases, fully automating) the process of creating, sending, tracking, and following up on these documents.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know to pick a solution that’s an ideal fit for your organization.
What Is Document Creation Software
This might seem like an obvious question. Document creation software is simply software used to create documents, right?
Well, the answer is a little more complex.
Nowadays, businesses use a range of advanced solutions to streamline the document generation process.
In essence, document creation software provides a suite of tools for managing the lifecycle of contracts, proposals, invoices, receipts, and so on.
Some apps, like word processors, focus on one specific part of this lifecycle. Others, like PandaDoc (the market leader in the document management space), include tools for streamlining every single aspect.
Features to Look for in Document Generation Software
Ensuring that your potential apps have the following features will save a significant amount of time during the research phase:
- Automation tools: Automating parts of the document creation and delivery process can save both time and financial resources. Look for features like pre-written templates, reusable assets (like photographs and legal text), approval notifications (when management needs to verify a document is complete), and collaboration functionality.
- Document editor: Not all document management solutions come with a comprehensive editor. In fact, feature-sets can vary substantially between providers. As you will be creating documents within the app, it is important to ensure that the editor meets all of your needs. It is also crucial to check that you can upload documents that require further editing in your chosen format, such as PDF.
- Integrations: Integrations allow for the seamless, automated transfer of data between different platforms. This can potentially save hours of employee time that would otherwise be spent on manual data input. Check that document creation apps integrate with your existing accounting, customer management, and project management solutions.
Best Document Generation Apps: Top 3 Reviews
Here are three of the top document-generation apps currently available:
- PandaDoc: PandaDoc is the market leader and offers a comprehensive set of document management tools, including a powerful editor that is compatible with a range of formats. Features include a library of pre-written contracts, proposals and forms, electronic signature fields, a library for saving reusable content, payment buttons, and more. PandaDoc also offers a long-term free plan for businesses and individuals, with no cap on the number of document uploads.
- Proposify: Proposify is geared towards companies that create a large number of sales proposals. It can be used to create visually-appealing documents that can then be tracked via the analytics dashboard. It also offers flexible pricing for larger teams.
- Google Docs and Microsoft Word: If you do not require additional management features, a traditional word processor like Google Docs or Microsoft Word may be sufficient for your document creation needs.
Leave a Reply