Without promotion, the site will never attract a large amount of organic traffic and, therefore, will never be able to perform its function – making money. Website promotion can be done through special agencies, involving experts. It helps promote sites and make them as popular as a PlayAmo mobile app or even Netflix. If you have no budget, take up site promotion yourself.
Why Promote a Site
Professional website promotion solves the following problems:
- Increases the target search traffic.
- Contributes to the growth of sales/conversions.
- Ensures the stability of sales.
- Provides brand recognition.
- Increases the likelihood that your site will get to the top of search engines, i.e. bring more interested users to it.
When SEO Makes Sense
When SEO is necessary:
- When launching a new site. Preparation for promotion should be further developed.
- For existing sites where the semantic core has not been updated for a long time. This should be done regularly, as search engine algorithms are constantly changing.
What Affects the Position of the Site
The position of a web page depends on many factors; here are the main ones:
- Content: One of the most important indicators. Its quality is affected by the uniqueness of the text, matches the search query, the content of the title tag and subheadings h1-h6, tags strong, b, em, i, the words located at the beginning of the text, the density of keywords, images and filled tags alt with keywords.
- Headline: It should be prominent in search results and contain the main keyword.
- Snippet: It’s a fragment of source text or program code used in search engines, text editors, and development environments. A snippet must contain an exact occurrence of the keyword, not be cut off, and answer the user’s question.
- HTML code: It’s needed to structure and display the web page and its content. The site should be displayed in the correct encoding.
- Backlinks: Links should be permanent, not flashing. Check the number and quality of links to see any clicks.
- Ease of use of the site: The site should have an intuitive structure that the user can quickly navigate; this is facilitated by easy navigation, the allocation of important information, the absence of errors, beautiful pictures, etc.
- Behavioral factors: These include clickability of the site, page traffic, targeted and non-target visitors, user behavior, duration of views, number of pages viewed, adding to bookmarks, etc.
Promotion of the site begins with an analysis. If the site belongs to a small company, analyze the work of major networks that develop business in the same area.
They surely have something to learn, with their help, you can quickly and efficiently assemble the semantic core, decide on the design and usability of your site.
You can analyze keywords used by competitors, their traffic sources, and advertising.
How best to proceed:
- Select the three largest competitors.
- See what keywords they use.
- Combine them into one file.
- Structure the information: to remove repetitions and align with the site’s subject.
- The full structure of your site is ready.
Creating a Semantic Core
It will advance the site pages, depending on the chosen strategy: by position or traffic. If the positions carry out promotion, the semantic kernel includes not more than 100-200 phrases. Regarding traffic promotion, you need to pick up the semantic core with many phrases from 1000, depending on the subject.
This is the most important stage in the complex promotion of the web page. He is responsible for setting up indexing, fast loading, and properly displaying the site on different devices.
What it includes:
- Work with the code.
- Working with usability.
- Fulfilling the requirements of search engines.
Formation of the URL
Creating URLs understandable for search engines and users is also an important stage of internal optimization.
How to set up your pages correctly:
- URL must be unique.
- Up to 3 keywords.
- Shouldn’t be too long.
- Address structure should correspond to the name in the menu and in the “breadcrumbs”.
Duplicate pages make it difficult for the search engine to select a relevant page, so you must look for them and eliminate them. When same pages can occur:
- The site is accessible simultaneously at two addresses with and without a www.
- Two protocols – http and https.
- Pages with characters in the address in different registers are available.
- When the site uses UTM-tags of advertising campaigns and referral links.
These are links leading to non-existent pages that give an error. They need to be corrected by redirecting to a working page of the site or removing links to them altogether.
Navigating the Site
Navigation chains are created for the user’s convenience and improve the site’s usability. Breadcrumbs are needed to form a path from the main page of the resource to the one on which the client is, taking into account all the sections of the site, which he needed to pass. Chains are involved in the internal linking of the site and the distribution of link weights.
It is needed to distribute link weight and increase the relevance of pages in search engines and for the convenience of visitors. It comes through, contextual and navigational. You can place internal links manually or automatically.
Adaptive Version of the Site
Adaptive design is needed to optimize the site’s appearance on different devices, such as smartphones and tablets, without creating a separate version on a subdomain.