Private Snapchat stories allow users to share moments with specific people, keeping content hidden from the public eye. You can easily remove yourself if you are added to a private story you no longer wish to be a part of. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to leave a private Snapchat story using the mobile app.
Things to Know Before You Begin:
- You cannot force the owner to take down a story in which you appear.
- Use the Stories tab to view the private stories you’re a part of.
- To leave a private story, press and hold on to it until a pop-up appears.
- Tap “Leave Story” within the pop-up and confirm your decision.
1. Open Snapchat:
- Locate the Snapchat app icon on your device (it looks like a white ghost on a yellow background) and tap it to open the app.
- If you’re not logged in, enter your email address and password to log in.
2. Access the Stories Tab:
- Tap the “Stories” tab at the bottom of your screen, represented by an icon of two people. It’s situated to the right of the default camera tab.
- Alternatively, you can swipe left to open the Stories tab.
3. Select the Private Story:
- Browse through the list of stories displayed at the top of your screen.
- Identify and tap on the private story you want to leave. Private stories will have a padlock icon next to their name.
4. Initiate Leaving the Story:
- Tap and hold your finger on the private story until a menu pops up.
- Once the menu appears, you can release your finger from the screen.
5. Confirm Your Decision:
- In the menu that pops up, locate and tap “Leave Story.” This option is typically the first one listed.
- A confirmation prompt will appear; tap “Leave” to confirm that you want to leave the story.
6. You’re Out:
- After confirming your decision, you will no longer be a part of the private story.
- Importantly, the owner of the private story will not be notified that you’ve left.
MANAGE SETTINGS FOR YOUR PRIVATE STORY ON SNAPCHAT
Managing settings for your private story on Snapchat is straightforward, allowing you to check and control who can view your private story.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Check if Someone Has Left Your Private Story on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat: Launch the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Access Your Profile: Tap on your profile icon, typically in the screen’s upper left or upper right corner. It will take you to your profile page.
- Open Private Story: Locate your private story, and tap on it to open it.
- Access Story Settings: Tap on the three-dot icon (ellipsis) in your private story to access story settings.
- View Participants: From the menu that appears, select “Edit Viewers.”
- Check Current Participants: In the “Currently Selected” section, you’ll see a list of users currently part of your private story. If someone has left your private story, their name will no longer have a checkmark.
It lets you see the current participants in your private story on Snapchat.
Add or Remove Someone From Your Private Story on Snapchat:
Note: Users who have blocked you or selected the “Block” option when leaving your private story cannot be added back.
- Access Private Story: Open your private story by tapping on it.
- Open Story Settings: Tap on the three-dot icon (ellipsis) in your private story to access story settings.
- Edit Viewers: Select “Edit Viewers” from the menu.
- Remove Participants: To remove someone from your private story, go to the “Currently Selected” section and uncheck the users you want to remove.
- Add Participants: To add someone to your private story, tap on the users you wish to include. You can also use the search bar to find specific users and add them.
- Save Changes: Once you’ve selected, tap “Save” to apply the changes.
It will add or remove viewers from your currently live private story on Snapchat.
Leaving a private Snapchat story is a straightforward process, ensuring you have control over the content you engage with on the platform. Remember that Snapchat respects your privacy, so your actions in leaving a private story are discreet.
Does Snapchat notify someone when you’ve left their private story?
Snapchat does not notify someone when you’ve left their private story. However, the other user can check who is currently part of their private story by monitoring the story views.
How many private stories can you be added to on Snapchat?
Snapchat does not limit the number of private stories users can add to at once. However, there is a limit of 20 Private or Shared stories that any user can create at a time.
How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
A: To leave a private story on Snapchat, open the story, tap and hold, select “Leave Story,” and confirm your decision.
How to Leave Someone’s Private Story on Snapchat?
A: Yes, you can leave someone’s private story by tapping and holding the story, choosing “Leave Story,” and confirming your choice.
How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat 2023?
A: No, the steps to leave a private story on Snapchat remain the same in 2023.
Can you explain How Do You Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
A: To leave a private story, tap and hold the story, then select “Leave Story” and confirm.
Can You Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
A: Following the provided steps, you can leave a private story on Snapchat.
How to Remove Yourself from Someones Private Story on Snapchat?
A: You can remove yourself from someone’s private story by tapping, holding the story, and choosing “Leave Story.”
Can You Leave a Private Story?
A: You can leave a private story on Snapchat by selecting “Leave Story” within the story menu.